Training and Placement
Our motto – “Dream, Create and Achieve”
Placements are something every student looks for in an institute and Poddar Group of Institutions (PGI) is fully aware of the new challenges and opportunities that are coming up the industry today. With this objective in mind, the training program starts from the very beginning of the academic year. Once a student enters the college, the department ensures imparting the right knowledge, skills, and aptitude in students to make them confident and employable.
In addition to all, we at Poddar International College (PIC) invites mentor and stalwarts for the design domain to enrich knowledge of our student community with latest innovations and practices which ultimately becomes key point/skill while placing the students.
Equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills and guiding them towards a bright future and career with the values of – ‘Sincerity’, ‘Hard Work’ and ‘Ethics’.
Training and Placement Cell is to guide students to choose right career and to give knowledge, skill, and aptitude and meet the manpower requirements of the Industry.
Functions of TP Department
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions and assessments.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the database of students. Maintaining database of Industry and establishing strategic links for campus recruitment.
- Coordinating with Human Resources Department of Industry and TPO’s to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures.
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the Industry to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- To assist students for industrial training, Internships, Summer training as per their programs.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate their career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
A big of Corporate, Designers and Institutions are appreciating the Industry Engagement Initiative and Internship Program.
The activities of the cell are as follows:
- PIC gives immense importance to portfolio building during the course of academics
- Constant interaction with industry through invited presentations by Design studios and leaders in design
- Placement board constantly update students with the latest opportunities available for internships, diploma projects and career opportunities
- PIC is located in Asia’s Second Largest Colony which ensures interaction with the industries on a regular basis.
- Arranging corporate meetings to give exposure to the students in their domain
- Helping the students to get sponsoring industries to do their project work as recommended by the department
- To organize behavioral training programs to bring about an overall development, improve self-esteem and confidence level, develop better presentation skills, learn to communicate and participate in group discussions, mock interviews etc.