University of Rajasthan
About University of Rajasthan
The University of Rajasthan holds the distinction of being the oldest Institution of higher learning in Rajasthan. It was established as Rajputana University on 8 of January, 1947 and recognised from the time of its inception under sections 2f and 12B of UGC Act.
The main objective of the University has been the creation and dissemination of knowledge. It caters to the aspirations for higher education of students of Rajasthan and from other parts of the country.
The location of the University is Urban and its Central Campus is spread over 338.14 acres. The satellite campus, comprising the Constituent Colleges, is spread over 138.21 acres. In the beginning, the University’s jurisdiction encompassed the entire state. In the year1956, the Rajputana University was renamed as the University of Rajasthan, keeping intact its enveloping jurisdiction. With the creation of other Universities, its affiliating jurisdiction was modified in geographical terms. However, it has today UG and PG Colleges affiliated to it. The University is still the hub of Higher Education in Rajasthan and attracts students from all over Rajasthan and other parts of India and also from abroad. The University believes that in its journey of seven decades it has brought about a transformation in Higher Education in Rajasthan and the country at large.
The University has 9 Faculties, 37 Departments and 22 Research Centres.
In 2018, University ranked in the range of 101-150 (in University category) by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
University with Potential for Excellence (UPE) : UGC has recognized the University of Rajasthan amongst the top 15 Indian Universities with Potential For Excellence (UPE) in 2012. A grant of Rs. 50 crore has been sanctioned.
Promotion of University Research and Scientific Excellence (PURSE): Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has recognized the University of Rajasthan under its Promotion of University Research and Scientific Excellence (PURSE) programme. The h-index of the University stands above 50 and a grant of Rs. 32.4 crore has been sanctioned to the University for Scientific Research and Development.
Source: Prospectus 2018-19, University of Rajasthan.
About Rajasthan ILD Skills University
RISU has been incorporated as Rajasthan Government State University vide Act No. 6 of 2017. Dr. Lalit K. Panwar, former IAS and Ex-Secretary, Govt. of India has been appointed as first Vice-Chancellor of RISU. Twenty-two skill related institutions have been affiliated so far and more than 1000 students are pursuing skill based studies in these institutions. The affiliated institutions have commenced the first session from July 2018.
RISU is an effective institutional intervention to implement National Skills Qualification Framework in the State. Being a Government University, RISU is the affiliating body for a large number of institutions operating in skill and vocational training.
Promoting Excellence in Skill Education in an integrated and holistic manner.
To emerge as one amongst the foremost institutions of quality in Skill Education recognized at National and International arena.
- To recognize, in such manner and in accordance with such parameters, institutions of skill education and training and affiliate such institutions.
- To develop credit framework in accordance with the National Occupational Standards;
- To develop Qualification Packs and Occupational Standards for identified job roles in consultation with the Sector Skill Councils or National Skills Qualification Committee and industry.
- To align qualifications, course programs to National Skills Qualification Framework.
- To identify and collaborate with industries for purposes of practical training of students in skills and to define norms for recognition of competency.
- To collaborate and co-operate with institutions to conceptualize, innovate, design, and evaluate educational and research programmes in skill education and training purposes.
- To institute courses of study and hold examinations for and confer degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions on persons who have pursued a prescribed course of study in the University including part courses carried out in any other University or recognized institutes for the purpose.
- To admit colleges and institutes, not maintained by the University, to the privileges of the University, and to withdraw all or any of such privileges.
- To establish and maintain colleges, schools, centers, divisions, departments, institutes relating to skill education and training.
Source: RISU’s Official Website.